* GVG – 5,688 persons

* GEEP (2.0)  – 51593 persons

The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social development, Hajia Sadiya Umar Faruk has said Government Enterprise & Empowerment Programme (GEEP 2.0) and other Social Investment Programmes were introduced to give a lifting hand to many of the poorest and vulnerable citizens in the country.


Hajia Sadiya who made the statement while speaking at the event of the flag-off of Grant for the Vulnerable Groups and other social investment programmes in Kaduna.


According to her, “we are here to flag-off the Grant for Vulnerable Group (GVG), designed to provide a one-off cash grant of N20,000.00 to the poorest and most vulnerable Nigerians saying that in Kaduna State 5,688 beneficiaries across the 23 LGAs will receive the support”.


“It is worthy to note that 70% of GVG beneficiaries are mostly women, while the remaining 30% are youths, at least 15% of the total number of beneficiaries are allocated to citizens with special needs, including Persons with Disability (PWDs) and Senior Citizens in the State”.


“Secondly, today we are here to officially Roll-Out the Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP 2.0) in Kaduna State, a programme designed by President Buhari’s administration for vulnerable and low-income Nigerians who are involved in some sort of commercial activity/capacity but have never had the opportunity to access loans”.


“It is meant to give priority to the most vulnerable in our society e.g. widows, youth, disabled and the displaced amongst others”.


She said GEEP is captured in three signature schemes namely the TraderMoni  loan of N50,000, targeted towards uplifting under-privileged and marginalized youths between the ages of 18-40 years in Nigeria.


“According to her, MarketMoni an empowerment programme designed for under privileged and marginalized women in our society specifically targeted towards Female headed households e.g., Widows, divorcees amongst other vulnerable groups, then the FarmerMoni loan scheme  which is equally designed to  provide agricultural inputs worth up to a maximum of N300,000 to rural farmers”.


Hajia Sadiya explained that the GEEP has been restructured to have a top-bottom representation from the Federal, State and Local Government levels respectively. In the first phase of GEEP programme about 1,142,783 potential beneficiaries where registered by the COMO’S across the 774 LGAs in Nigeria out of which 51,595 potential beneficiaries were registered in Kaduna State across the 23 LGAs after which verification was done about 14,896 beneficiaries were selected.


She said “these selected beneficiaries are currently under-going enumeration and today I have gracefully come to Roll-Out the programme in the Kaduna State. Hence, successful beneficiaries of the GEEP proagramme will start receiving credit alert from Access bank today by God’s grace”.

Hajia Sadiya announced the Flagging-off of the National Sensitization Exercise for the National Home-Grown School Feeding Programme (NHGSFP), which seeks to educate communities and stakeholders on the proper and more effective implementation of the NHGSFP. Under the NHGSFP, 9.9 million children are currently being fed nationwide, and President Buhari has approved that the programme be expended by another 5 million children.


The Minister however acknowledged the complementary effort of the Kaduna State Government and other stakeholders in the implementation of National Social Investment Programme (NSIP) in the State, “with a proper synergy and every stakeholder playing their part in the implementation of NSIP in the State, it is our believe that the target beneficiaries and many more citizens of the State will be on their way out of poverty to prosperity and we will, by the Grace of God, as a Nation, remain on track of lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty”.

Please Subscribe, Like and Share.

Leave a Reply