By Lola Seriki Idahosa, Kaduna. Trace Reporters –As the state prepares for the sixth edition of the annual Kaduna Economic and investment summit (KADINVEST) holding on the 23rd to 24th September, the kaduna State Government is seeking to consolidate on the $2.6bn investments it has attracted since 2016.
Below is the speech of Governor Nasir El-rufai, an invitation for KADInvest 6:0
1. I am delighted to invite you to the sixth edition of the annual Kaduna Economic and Investment Summit (KADInvest), holding on 23rd and 24th September 2021.
2. From the first edition in 2016, KADInvest has showcased to the world that Kaduna State is open for business. It has been a platform for informed discourse. KADInvest has delivered significant benefits for Kaduna State. In five years, it has helped attract over USD 2.8 billion in actual and pledged investments.
3. This has been anchored on clear reforms in governance. Our agencies for revenue collection, land administration and business licensing work closely with the Kaduna Investment Promotion Agency (KADIPA) to support and assist investors in our state. Our commitment to creating a conducive environment for investments and businesses to thrive earned for Kaduna State recognition as the number one place in the ease of doing business rankings of the World Bank in 2018, published in 2019.
4. We are grateful to our investors for the investments, the jobs, the skills and the opportunities they are bringing to our state. Kaduna is proud to host companies such as Olam, Arla, Tomato Jos and OCP Fertilizer, Dangote Peugeot and TMDK Agro-allied Industries. The Gujeni project being done by African Natural Resources and Mines Ltd represents the single most significant steel investment in sub-Saharan Africa.
5. The theme for KADInvest 6.0 is Towards a Sustainable Knowledge-based Economy. It reflects our desire to seize the opportunities in the digital economy to develop our state and improve the life chances of our people.
6. Kaduna looks forward to receiving you.
Please Subscribe Like and Share